Sunday, February 19, 2023

The Loud Silence



I have a friend, a really good one. One that is there in silence and chaos. One who listens and one who will have my back; her name is Hajar.

Hajar is a mysterious one. She sometimes does not understand why she does certain things, like why she keeps buying pink sports shoes or hates durian but like musang king. It's not much of a mystery; it's just that she would say, "I tak tahu kenapa I-" 

Hajar is a loner too...well, sometimes. She eats shawarma alone in her room while watching demon slayer (this was 4 years ago). I wondered why she didn't like eating with us. She said "your group is big" aaaah, an introvert, I see...well, now she is "forced" to connect with people, orang penting kann.

Hajar is a good listener, though she does not know what to reply sometimes. Her words are always so comforting (tapi dia reply lambat sikit la, susun ayat la tu). Not all are comforting, though, but just the tough love and bits of advice I needed when my head and thoughts were not in the right place. 

Hajar is an inspiration. Her creativity and her passion taught me a lot. She is the best work partner I have ever had. The same level of enthusiasm put into the work, the hard work that consistently pays off. Her way of management and her way of perfecting things are all an inspiration to me. 

Aku ingat je la birthday kau 18 February 2001, I appreciate your presence in my life. Thank you for always reminding me about life.

No comments:

Post a Comment